- NEW: Now completely ONLINE!
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs
Take your business career to the next level: In our high-quality and rigorous health care management program, you will enhance your resume and knowledge base through intensive business courses taught by experts with a strong background in both education and the world of business.
Degrees & Certificates
These are the health care management programs currently offered through SAGE at Cedar Crest College:
- Business Administration – Health Care Management Concentration (B.S.)
- Health Care Management (Certificate)
- ALL ONLINE: The Business Administration degrees and certificates can be completed entirely online. (All SAGE business courses are also offered on campus, typically in an accelerated format.)
- ACCELERATED, hybrid, evening/weekend courses also available.
- ALL COURSES in the SAGE business programs—including online classes—are taught by our own our esteemed Cedar Crest faculty.
- HIGH-QUALITY courses and faculty provide you with a greater value for your education dollar.
- HIGHLY QUALIFIED professors with expertise in both corporate and small business.
- ACCREDITED by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP)—valued by future employers and graduate programs.
- CUSTOMIZED degree options & certificate programs.
- FLEXIBLE COURSES: Work at your own pace.
- 1 to 2 YEARS: Average time to program completion, depending upon the program selected and the number of credits transferred.
The health care industry is one of the largest employers both nationally and in the Lehigh Valley. Whether your goal is to join this exciting field or advance your current career in health care, SAGE has a program that can assist you. The health care management bachelor’s degree and certificate programs both build industry-specific skills in process, management, marketing and finance.
Students who complete either program in health care management will be able to:
- Apply important skills of organizational management and marketing to the health care industry.
- Describe administrative or leadership problems that involve health care institutions—and then take necessary steps to find and implement solutions.
- Contribute to the development and understanding of operating and capital budgets that affect health care institutions.
- Interpret and explain processes and procedures that govern reimbursement, revenue management and cost containment in health care organizations.
Why Choose Cedar Crest College for Health Care Management
All of the SAGE programs at Cedar Crest College have been designed with the adult student in mind. In the business program, many of the courses you will need to complete any major or certificate are available online. Many are also available in an accelerated, hybrid, or evening/weekend format. In some cases, entire degrees or certificates may be completed entirely online, if desired. Women students in SAGE may also take courses during the daytime in a traditional classroom format.
Because all of the business programs offered by SAGE at Cedar Crest College are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP), you will receive a greater value for your education dollar. Here’s why:
- Accredited programs must provide high quality faculty, programs, and courses.
- Accreditation ensures a continued focus on quality performance.
- Accredited status requires a school to provide excellent equipment, software, and learning resources for students.
- Accredited status reaffirms our school’s commitment to effective student services.
- Employers and graduate schools value an accredited degree.
- Accredited schools are able to host a chapter of Delta Mu Delta or Kappa Beta Delta honorary society.
- Students participating in Delta Mu Delta or Kappa Beta Delta may list this on their resume and scholarship applications, along with any special recognition they have received.
Cedar Crest College currently partners with hundreds of schools that offer associate’s programs in business. If you have participated in a program at one of these institutions, you may find that all of your credits transfer to Cedar Crest, which will save you in both educational dollars and time.
Cedar Crest College also grants credit for studies at some other institutions, as well as some work experience. Your SAGE adviser can assist you in transferring the maximum number of allowable credits for you.
If you would like to know immediately whether your associate’s degree is from an affiliated school, check the listing on ACBSP website.
NOTE to schools offering associate’s degrees:
If you are interested in partnering with Cedar Crest College please contact us or apply now.
Programs designed for adult students
All of the business courses are offered online, taught by Cedar Crest College faculty. We also offer online courses through the OCICU. Or you may take our business courses in the evening, on weekends, or in an accelerated format, which means they can be completed in half the time of a traditional course. Every course is available during every semester, so you can complete your degree in the timeframe that best suits you. And, while internships are available to SAGE business students, they are not required.
An ACBSP-accredited curriculum
Because all of the business programs offered by SAGE at Cedar Crest College are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP), you will receive a greater value for your education dollar. An ACBSP-accredited degree receives greater recognition by graduate schools and employers alike.
A focus on applied skills
In the SAGE business curriculum, the focus is on applied business skills: You will be able to apply what you learn immediately—even prior to graduation.
Experienced, credentialed faculty
All of our full-time business professors have worked extensively in the field in which they teach, and we also offer a variety of courses taught by selected industry experts. Every SAGE business student will be assigned one of these faculty members, who will serve as an academic adviser throughout the SAGE program. In the field of education, our faculty have written, reviewed, and created instructor’s manuals for top textbooks in their field. Additionally, regional business organizations regularly invite our faculty members to share their presentations and consulting services. (See “Faculty“) Because of our dedication to personalized attention for every student, our faculty reach beyond grading exams and papers to provide individualized feedback to each student, thereby enhancing your particular skill set and future marketability.
Valuable networking opportunities
SAGE business students have abundant opportunity to network with regional business leaders and entrepreneurs through faculty connections, on-campus professional clubs and associations, and department-sponsored events. Opportunities include involvement with:
- American Advertising Federation/Greater Lehigh Valley Ad Club
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce (Women’s Business Council, Small Business Council, etc.)
- The Cedar Crest Women in Business Award
- Power of Women
- Center for Retail Management
- Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation
Students conduct research throughout their Cedar Crest business education, on topics including in consumer behavior, organizational behavior, marketing research, operations, human resources management and health care management. All students complete an extensive research project in a yearlong business Capstone experience.
A strong liberal arts base
The SAGE business program also enables you to explore other subjects that are important to you by taking additional non-business courses or adding a major or minor in another field. This makes our students more versatile and provides flexibility and a valuable knowledge base that can further enhance their ability to successfully pursue a career in a specialized business, such as nutrition, health care, or marketing.
Your SAGE adviser will assist you in developing a schedule of studies that works best for you. Typically, students take 2 or 3 courses during the fall and spring semesters. You may also take a course during the winter semester.Students enrolled as a business administration major typically finish their degree in two years. Those enrolled in a certificate program may finish in as little as one year.
Transfer Your General Education Credits
Learn how you can transfer up to 90 credits with our generous transfer policy.
You can also speak to your SAGE adviser to learn about earning your general education requirements here at Cedar Crest College.
- Construction management
- Ecommerce and social media
- Financial management
- Financial planning
- Forensic accounting
- Health care management
- Human resources
- Industrial management
- International business
- Labor relations and negotiation
- Nonprofit management
- Operations management
- Project management
- Public administration
- Public relations
- Retail management
- Sales management
- Strategic management
- Supply chain management
Hiring managers actively seek SAGE graduates from Cedar Crest College for business positions, due to our reputation for providing a high-quality education and high ethical standards.Graduates of our program have received lucrative positions in these and other respected businesses and corporations:
- Morgan Stanley
- Nestlé USA
- Rodale Inc.
- Smith Barney
- State of Delaware
Rolling admissions and a free online application make it easy.
Attend an Information Session
Program directors and faculty will meet with you to share details about our SAGE programs, admissions process, and flexible options.
Contact SAGE Admissions
Tuition and Fees
Valuable, competitive, affordable options for adults