- Can be completed entirely online
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs
Take your business career to the next level: In our high-quality and rigorous economics program, you will enhance your resume and knowledge base through intensive business courses taught by experts with a strong background in both education and the world of business.
Degrees & Certificates
These are the economics programs currently offered through SAGE at Cedar Crest College:
- Business Administration – Economics Concentration (B.S.)
- Economics (Minor)
- ALL ONLINE: The SAGE business adminisration degrees and certificates can be completed entirely online. (All SAGE business courses are also offered on campus, typically in an accelerated format.)
- ACCELERATED, hybrid, evening/weekend courses also available.
- ALL COURSES in the SAGE business programs—including online classes—are taught by our own our esteemed Cedar Crest faculty.
- HIGH-QUALITY courses and faculty provide you with a greater value for your education dollar.
- HIGHLY QUALIFIED professors with expertise in both corporate and small business.
- ACCREDITED by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP)—valued by future employers and graduate programs.
- CUSTOMIZED degree options & certificate programs.
- FLEXIBLE COURSES: Work at your own pace.
- 1 to 2 YEARS: Average time to program completion, depending upon the program selected and the number of credits transferred.
Whatever your career goals, you will benefit from studying markets, cultures, and governments from the perspective of economics grounded in the liberal arts.
Learning more about the theory and application of economic principles may help you gain entry to positions in business, non-government organizations, public policy, and social advocacy. For example, students who graduate with economics backgrounds find themselves working on Wall Street, in Washington D.C., and throughout all the state capitals.
The Cedar Crest College degree in business administration with a focus on economics provides an in-depth look at consumer and producer theory, labor, financial markets, economic geography, and more.
Why Choose SAGE at Cedar Crest College for an Business Administration Degree with an Economics Concentration
All of the SAGE programs at Cedar Crest College have been designed with the adult student in mind. In the business program, many of the courses you will need to complete any major or certificate are available online. Many are also available in an accelerated, hybrid, or evening/weekend format. In some cases, entire degrees or certificates may be completed entirely online, if desired. Women students in SAGE may also take courses during the daytime in a traditional classroom format.
Because all of the business programs offered by SAGE at Cedar Crest College are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP), you will receive a greater value for your education dollar. Here’s why:
- Accredited programs must provide high quality faculty, programs, and courses.
- Accreditation ensures a continued focus on quality performance.
- Accredited status requires a school to provide excellent equipment, software, and learning resources for students.
- Accredited status reaffirms our school’s commitment to effective student services.
- Employers and graduate schools value an accredited degree.
- Accredited schools are able to host a chapter of Delta Mu Delta or Kappa Beta Delta honorary society.
- Students participating in Delta Mu Delta or Kappa Beta Delta may list this on their resume and scholarship applications, along with any special recognition they have received.
Cedar Crest College currently partners with hundreds of schools that offer associate’s programs in business. If you have participated in a program at one of these institutions, you may find that all of your credits transfer to Cedar Crest, which will save you in both educational dollars and time.
Cedar Crest College also grants credit for studies at some other institutions, as well as some work experience. Your SAGE adviser can assist you in transferring the maximum number of allowable credits for you.
If you would like to know immediately whether your associate’s degree is from an affiliated school, check the listing on ACBSP website.
NOTE to schools offering associate’s degrees:
If you are interested in partnering with Cedar Crest College please contact us or apply now.
Programs designed for adult students
All of the business courses are offered online, taught by Cedar Crest College faculty. We also offer online courses through the OCICU. Or you may take our business courses in the evening, on weekends, or in an accelerated format, which means they can be completed in half the time of a traditional course. Every course is available during every semester, so you can complete your degree in the timeframe that best suits you. And, while internships are available to SAGE business students, they are not required.
An ACBSP-accredited curriculum
Because all of the business programs offered by SAGE at Cedar Crest College are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP), you will receive a greater value for your education dollar. An ACBSP-accredited degree receives greater recognition by graduate schools and employers alike.
A focus on applied skills
In the SAGE business curriculum, the focus is on applied business skills: You will be able to apply what you learn immediately—even prior to graduation.
Experienced, credentialed faculty
All of our full-time business professors have worked extensively in the field in which they teach, and we also offer a variety of courses taught by selected industry experts. Every SAGE business student will be assigned one of these faculty members, who will serve as an academic adviser throughout the SAGE program. In the field of education, our faculty have written, reviewed, and created instructor’s manuals for top textbooks in their field. Additionally, regional business organizations regularly invite our faculty members to share their presentations and consulting services. (See “Faculty“) Because of our dedication to personalized attention for every student, our faculty reach beyond grading exams and papers to provide individualized feedback to each student, thereby enhancing your particular skill set and future marketability.
Valuable networking opportunities
SAGE business students have abundant opportunity to network with regional business leaders and entrepreneurs through faculty connections, on-campus professional clubs and associations, and department-sponsored events. Opportunities include involvement with:
- American Advertising Federation/Greater Lehigh Valley Ad Club
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce (Women’s Business Council, Small Business Council, etc.)
- The Cedar Crest Women in Business Award
- Power of Women
- Center for Retail Management
- Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation
Students conduct research throughout their Cedar Crest business education, on topics including in consumer behavior, organizational behavior, marketing research, operations, human resources management and health care management. All students complete an extensive research project in a yearlong business Capstone experience.
A strong liberal arts base
The SAGE business program also enables you to explore other subjects that are important to you by taking additional non-business courses or adding a major or minor in another field. This makes our students more versatile and provides flexibility and a valuable knowledge base that can further enhance their ability to successfully pursue a career in a specialized business, such as nutrition, health care, or marketing.
At Cedar Crest College, all of our business courses are taught by highly experienced and credentialed professionals with experience and connections in a variety of business settings—large and small, local and multinational, private and corporate. Our faculty also are published authors of widely respected books and articles in business.Our faculty members also serve as advisers and mentors to our business students. As a SAGE student, you will be paired with a faculty mentor who will guide and inform your decisions throughout your studies. You will also have the opportunity to develop professional connections that can assist you in growing your business career after graduation.» Read full profiles of faculty members.
BUA 110 Principles of Management
ECO 101 Principles of Economics: Macro
ECO 102 Principles of Economics: Micro
Plus, choose four from the following courses:
ECO 201 Government, Business, and Society
ECO 222 Economic Geography
ECO 302 Labor Economics
ECO 304 Money and Banking
ECO 315 International Economics
PSC 211 Globalization and International Law
In today’s competitive global society, there is a high demand for business graduates who have gained a high-level education in an accredited program. By earning a bachelor’s degree or certificate in business at Cedar Crest College, you will be well-prepared for positions in a broad variety of fields, including:
- Construction management
- Ecommerce and social media
- Financial management
- Financial planning
- Forensic accounting
- Health care management
- Human resources
- Industrial management
- International business
- Labor relations and negotiation
- Nonprofit management
- Operations management
- Project management
- Public administration
- Public relations
- Retail management
- Sales management
- Strategic management
- Supply chain management
Your SAGE adviser will assist you in developing a schedule of studies that works best for you. Typically, students take 2 or 3 courses during the fall and spring semesters. You may also take a course during the winter semester.
Students enrolled as an accounting major typically finish their degree in two years. Those enrolled in a certificate program may finish in as little as one year.Transfer Your General Education Credits
Learn how you can transfer up to 90 credits with our generous transfer policy.You can also speak to your SAGE adviser to learn about earning your general education requirements here at Cedar Crest College.
- Morgan Stanley
- Nestlé USA
- Rodale Inc.
- Smith Barney
- State of Delaware
Rolling admissions and a free online application make it easy.
Attend an Information Session
Program directors and faculty will meet with you to share details about our SAGE programs, admissions process, and flexible options.
Contact SAGE Admissions
Tuition and Fees
Valuable, competitive, affordable options for adults